Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Goatwhore album review

One of the last posts I did in 2012, before my two year hiatus, was about a Goatwhore show I went to here in SLC. At that time the tour was in support of their album "Blood For The Master." Well that was 2012, but today (7/8/14) their new album "Constricting Rage Of The Merciless" was released and let me tell ya, its pretty great.

This New Orleans based Blackened Death Metal band has given a steady stream of brutal, yet strangely melodic, albums. The song structure this band has really makes them stand out to me in the heavily saturated genre (other Death Metal based standouts include Whitechapel and The Black Dahlia Murder). And this album keeps me wanting more new tunes from Goatwhore. If you are into Extreme Metal and have not heard of them then 1) you've been under a rock, and 2) check them out.





No comments:

Post a Comment