Thursday, December 15, 2011

Best and Worst* Bands (To Me)

Just so you know where I stand with my musical opinions, I know when I read other people's reviews I'd like to know their personal faves to gauge where they are coming from. 

*Worst in this post means bands that I'd turn the radio off before listening to them. I am sure they are talented groups, but not in my ear's opinion.*

5 Worst Bands
  1. The Beatles (I do not see the appeal... AT ALL)
  2. Led Zepplin (Robert Plant's voice is like nails on a chalk board to me. Please don't start on the comparisons of other singers trying to sound like him, like Kingdom Come or Zebra or Whitesnake. I don't see a similarity, I just can't stand Plant's singing and I don't know why. The rest of the band play great, but Plant...)
  3. The Rolling Stones (Again, I do not see the appeal... just die already, you've been writing the same song for 5 decades)
  4. Nirvana (I don't know if I have to justify my dislike here)
  5. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (Emo band, besides the terrible music they play some of you know my personal reasons for hating this band)
Best Bands (To Me)
  1. Iron Maiden
  2. Ronnie James Dio (Solo, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, and Elf)
  3. Deep Purple
  4. Bon Jovi
  5. Bruce Dickinson (Solo)
  6. Tesla
  7. Helloween
  8. Megadeth
  9. Venom
  10. Def Leppard
  11. Alice Cooper
  12. Edguy
  13. Dream Theater
  14. Overkill
  15. Type O Negative
Now I realize that these bands are very mainstream, so you may think I don't have any taste in "real" Metal and Hard Rock. But there's a reason that bands get mainstream... because they are so good! These are just bands that I could listen to over and over again, all day, everyday. I listen to so many bands and although I have no job as a music columnist, I have such a passion for this music that I hope to be able to do something with this passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment